Site Logistics Manager - Garden Grove, CA
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 1, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
Develop external materials logistic network to achieve lowest cost
movement of materials into and out of plants. Keep accurate
inventory at all times. Ensure inputs/outputs to inventory are
regularly reviewed and monitored for accuracy using a defined
business process and corrected accordingly (e.g. Cycle Counts,
Issuing to a work order correctly, Work Order Closing, Shipment
accuracy, and Receiving accuracy). Job Responsibilities
1. Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications,
design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program
activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product.
2. Develops and implements program activities, coordinates efforts
of subcontractors, production department and field service
personnel and resolves problems in area of logistics to ensure
meeting of contractual commitments.
3. Determines logistics support sequences and time phasing,
problems arising from location of operational area, and other
factors, such as environmental and human factors affecting
4. Utilizes computer techniques for analysis, simulation or
information systems and documentation.
5. Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace
and to protect the environment through the establishment and
support of Company policy and adherence to various government
6. Ensure movement of materials on time and in full at all points
in the process in line with
7. Ensure control and storage of inventory in line with lean with
lean principles (e.g. visible FIFO and supermarket pull systems,
8. Continuously develop external materials logistic network to
achieve lowest cost movement of materials into and out of
9. Contribute to the longer term strategy (3 to 5 yr. plan) for the
site from a Supply Chain perspective.
10. Develop and deploy supply chain CI plan and projects to achieve
11. Ability to manage in a union environment
* Requires 4 year degree with an emphasis in materials/production
control, procurement, program management, related field or in lieu
of a degree 10 years of experience and education would be
* Advanced degree/Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and
certification by APICS or NAPM is a strong plus. Formal management
training/experience is essential.
* Requires 8+ years' materials, shipping, receiving or inventory
accuracy in a manufacturing, preferably aerospace, environment with
3+ years directly related supervisor/management experience.
* 2+ years' experience have a working knowledge of Purchasing and
Planning policies and practices, long lead-time scheduling,
Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and be computer
* Specific experience in ERP, Master Scheduling, Material Planning
and Lean pull systems preferred.
* Must be a progressive and strategic thinker and knowledgeable in
business principles to ensure strategic business plan is met or
exceeded, guaranteeing acceptable return on investment.
* Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, organizational,
negotiation and communication skills. Must display a high level of
professionalism, sound judgment, and integrity.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Garden Grove , Site Logistics Manager - Garden Grove, CA, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!