Sr. Technician - Engineering
Company: Microchip Technology
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: May 13, 2019
Company DescriptionMicrochip Technology Inc. is a leading provider
of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises
general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit
microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate
array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear,
mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency
(RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless
connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable
Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories,
Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory
(SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in
a broad range of products.Job DescriptionThe Space & Power
Management Group (SPM) is the power systems division of Microchip.
We have an opening at our Garden Grove, California facility for a
Sr. Technician - Engineering to work on design verification for our
line of Space and Aviation power conversion products. Microchip
takes the approach of providing complete sub-system level power
solutions for our customers. Our primary market is in Space Systems
and other high reliability applications such as flight critical
aviation systems. We see ourselves as partners to our customers and
define and provide differentiated solutions that address system and
sub-system level challenges. We place great emphasis on validated
solutions that work right the first time.This position within
Engineering supports power conversion product development by
providing Test Set design and construction, bread-boarding,
brass-boarding and product prototype design verification and
- Supports the development and first-time execution of
Qualification and Production Acceptance test procedures.
- Participates in the design, development, construction and
laboratory testing of developmental equipment and assemblies.
- Performs set-up and execution of internal and external
laboratory environmental qualification testing
- Using basic Engineering principles, develops or directs the
setup of test equipment and the appropriate testing on new or
- Analyzes and summarizes test results.
- Assignments are typified by their non-repetitive R&D;
nature and complexity requiring considerable judgment and
initiative in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Performs electronic assembly routine tasks such as cutting wire
to specified size, stripping, tinning or bending wire parts,
wiring, soldering and fastening terminal connections.
- Assembles and/or installs various electrical electronic
components to self-designed breadboard assemblies
- Requires light supervision only to perform duties. Initiative
and independent work execution required.Job Requirements
- Electronics training equivalent to two (4) years of technical
trade or military technical school. Equivalent work experience will
- Five (5) years of directly applicable work experience in
- Must have experience working on electronic assemblies (as
opposed to components).
- Experience in analog and/or power conversion products.
- Good understanding of function and operation of Power Supply
- Familiar with Electronic Power Converter design to the extent
of identifying circuit performance issue and partnering with a
design engineer to resolve
- Must be proficient in reading test requirements and accurately
documenting test issues.
- Knowledge of soldering techniques, color codes and component
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and raw and interpret
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and
talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to
10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.
- This job requires access to technology, materials, software or
hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United
States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either
UScitizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a
protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).Equal
Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We
provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected
under applicable federal, state or local laws.For more information
on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO
is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please
also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.Applicants with
DisabilitiesIf you need accommodation for any part of the
employment process because of a medical condition or disability,
please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request"
in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at
480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
Keywords: Microchip Technology, Garden Grove , Sr. Technician - Engineering, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!