Director of Quality and EHS
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Responsibilities:Director of Quality and EHSKushCo Holdings is a dynamic sales platform that provides unique products and services for both businesses and consumers in the cannabis industry. We are a dynamic and fast paced team working in an industry that is moving exceptionally quick. You will thrive in this environment if you seek a role where you want to have direct influence over the growth of our company, have an eagerness to learn, be a team player and willingness to be proactive. If so, we want to hear from you!Founded in 2010 as a packaging and supplies company for dispensaries and growers, KushCo Holdings regularly services more than 5,000 legally operated medical and adult-use dispensaries, growers, and producers across North America, South America, and Europe. The company has facilities in the largest U. S. cannabis markets and a local sales presence in every major U. S. cannabis market.The company offers a unique, exciting and high energy environment for its employees to develop professionally while being a part of one of the fastest growing sectors globally. KushCo Holdings was recently ranked #774 on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest Growing Companies in America and has been featured in media nationwide, includingCNBC,Los Angeles Times,TheStreet. com,Entrepreneur, andInc. Magazine.Job SummaryThe Quality Assurance Director will oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of the Environment, Health and Safety compliance programs along with the Quality Assurance and Continuous improvement for the company's protection. The successful candidate will lead the establishment, development and sustainment of a strong safety culture at world class standard, whilst also leading and managing our Quality Assurance team, ensuring that all quality initiatives are carried out and standards met as required.Receives Direction From:Sr. VP of OperationsProvides Direction to:Vendors, suppliers, all employees, temporary workers and general contractorsExamples of Essential Functions:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:Overall:
- Cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Developing Staff (increasing competence and engagement)
- Customer focus: Understand and monitor the needs of internal and external customers of the Quality and EHS functions
- Project and time management: Plan tasks and deliverables accurately, prioritize tasks and adapt as needed based upon changing priorities. Responsive to requests, accountable for actions
- Problem-solving: Prevent and solve issues, understand and mitigate problems, recognize cause and effect relationships between functions
- Self-starter: Takes initiative in developing both Safety and Quality programs to conform with set standards, ensuring the development of a robust cultureEnvironment, Health and SafetySuccess: To position Kush Supply Co as a safe environment for employees, contractors and suppliers, by following country's requirements for Environment, Safety and Health.
- Proactively engage with Management teams at all levels of the World Arena to ensure ownership and accountability for EHS improvement and to develop and influence a positive Health & Safety culture within the organization through effective improvement activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining EHS standards to ensure necessary programs are in place to reduce employee risk and to comply with Emerson EHS requirements.
- Identify and recommend equipment, process and procedural changes to minimize and/or eliminate workplace hazards.
- Conduct comprehensive EHS inspections, assessments and/or audits for service, operations, shared facilities, and specific processes in AP, make recommendations, and provide adequate following and advice for corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Support EHS local staff at shared sites and service locations in the development of specific EHS training program, according to Local regulations and Emersons Corporate requirements for all Emerson Facilities, Services and Operations within AP.
- To direct and support Assurance activities across the organization, enabling it to deliver its strategy and targets, to improve its operational efficiency and performance, and ensure compliance with ISO 14001 and OSHAS standards where applicable and required.
- Perform regular analysis of EHS metrics and publish monthly EHS Dashboard results to Regional Leadership Develop and manage a Business Crisis/Recall Plan in preparation for potential quality and food safety issues.
- Updates senior management and the overall organization on current food safety and quality emerging issues, trends and technologies.
- Actively monitor, verify and validate food safety and quality activities during the product development from concept to commercialization.
- Engage all relevant departments in the execution of continuous improvement events and World Class Quality and Operational Excellence activities.QUALITYSuccess: To position Kush Supply Co as the market leader with a world-class Quality strategy, by implementing sustainable systems to guarantee that production meets product specifications and delivery of goods on time.
- Ensures that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Reports to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement.
- Develops appropriate Quality Management System procedures and documents throughout the organization and ensures training to these is implemented.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality expectancy of finished product.
- Interprets quality control philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product quality and minimize costs.
- Applies Total Quality Management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department.
- Works with suppliers to insure quality of all purchased parts for company use.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.Qualifications GuidelinesEducation/training/experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization English
- 10 years of relevant work experience in Quality and EHS (Environment, Health and Safety)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders, especially within Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Services, Logistics, and Finance
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Adaptable / Flexible - being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstancesKnowledge of:
- 6 Sigma, Lean Experience, Quality Control, Kaizens, Workouts, Process mapping
- Understanding Team value and has ability to successfully motivate and maintain employee involvement while driving change
- Organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and MS-Project skillsPhysical Standards:
- This position requires frequently sitting, standing, reaching, walking, and handling/grasping of materials in manufacturing
- Must have finger dexterity, ability to use keyboard/ten key
- Able to periodically participate in the inspection of company machinery and operations
- Reach, stoop and lift office files, records or reports, typically weighing 20 pounds or less
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job
- Constantly sitting, standing, walking, and operating a computer workstationTravel:Ability to travel up to 50% of the timeKushCo Holdings offers a competitive compensation package with medical, dental and vision benefits in addition to various paid time off and equity opportunity! We believe in our workforce having a personal interest as stakeholders in order to encourage ownership in the overall success of the company.KushCo Holdings is an equal opportunity employer striving to create a diverse workforce and will make reasonable accommodations as necessary for qualified applicants.Additional Info:Company Website:https://www. kushco. com/Instagram:http://www. instagram. com/kushsupplycoFacebook:http://www. facebook. com/kushsupplycoTwitter:http://www. twitter. com/kushsupplycoLinkedIn:https://www. linkedin. com/company/kushco-holdings-inc/KushCo Holdingshttps://kushbottles. applicantpro. com
Keywords: Kushbottles, Garden Grove , Director of Quality and EHS, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!