Laboratory Technician I -? Microbiology
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Laboratory Technician I - Microbiology, Garden Grove, CA
The Laboratory Technician reports to the Laboratory Supervisor, supports assigned duties and responsibilities, and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
Schedule / Shift: 2nd shift, 12:00pm-8:30pm, Sun.-Thurs., OR Tues.-Sat. Will only be asked to work one weekend day; must be flexible to support lab coverage. Training will be Mon.-Fri.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Registration of incoming samples (as needed), maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Enter the sample data into eLIMS system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete laboratory testing on all incoming samples in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; ensure sample turnaround time goals are met or exceeded.
- Laboratory techniques include: weighing samples, media preparation, pipetting, pouring, and incubating, reading / enumeration of results, etc.
- Verify results and submit results to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes 'intra' and 'inter' departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide to our clients through existing and new technologies
- Identify non-confromances and out-of- specifications and investigate to determine the possible root causes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in relevant Life Science field (Microbiology, Food Science, or related) preferred.
- Associate's degree (AS) and at least one (1) year of related, industry experience, or High School diploma and at least two years of science-related college coursework required.
- One (1) to three (3) years' experience in related field.
- Must have understanding of Microbiology techniques and processes (i.e. pipetting, plating, pouring, media prep, incubation, reading / enumeration, etc.)
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use: eLIMS-ME, Excel, Micronet, Outlook, Jira, equipment software
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to quality work and performance goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
For immediate consideration, apply today! Questions? Call Toni at 714.971.0721
With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds highest-regarded scientific organizations
providing you with opportunities to work on todays most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits youll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your careerconnect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Garden Grove , Laboratory Technician I -? Microbiology, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!