Delivery Driver - CDL
Company: White Cap
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Call for more information! Job Description:A position at White
Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an exciting and diverse
environment, meet interesting people, and have a variety of career
opportunities. The White Cap family is committed to Building Trust
on Every Job. We do this by being deeply knowledgeable, fully
capable, and always dependable, and our associates are the driving
force behind this commitment. Job Summary Make deliveries to
customer job sites while adhering to all DOT regulations and safety
procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Operate trucks to pick up and deliver products, supplies and
equipment to and from organization, supplier and customer sites.
Duties may involve complex pickups and deliveries, e.g., night
deliveries, transport of dangerous and hazardous materials. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material. Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of Class A license required. Operate vehicle with GVW
over 26,000 pounds in combination.
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification.
- Hazardous Material certification may be required.
- Proper licensing relative to equipment. If you're looking to
play a role in building America, consider one of our open
opportunities. We can't wait to meet you. For California job
seekers: Pay Range $22.80-$31.90 Hourly California law requires the
posting of the salary range for advertised jobs. This range is
determined based on market data and internal pay practices to
establish a minimum and maximum value for a job. Individual base
pay is determined based on a variety of elements including
experience, skills, internal equity and other factors. For
additional details on benefits, please review the full job
description on White Cap Jobs () Functional Area Logistics
Recruiter Machart, Frank Req ID WCJR-010094 White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Qualified
candidates, call or click to apply below.
Keywords: White Cap, Garden Grove , Delivery Driver - CDL, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...