Quality Technician Level 1
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: June 18, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Position Summary:Level One: Working under direct supervision, level
one quality technicians preform basic inspections tasks relating to
in-process inspection, final inspection and receiving inspection.
This position calls upon a basic understanding of shop math, print
reading, measuring tools, product segregation, and quality
reporting. 0-1 YearsPrimary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspection to
ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Correctly interpret work orders
- Lift up to 35lbs
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Preform basic quality & inspection tasks (in-process, final, or
- Work in a team environment, i.e. follow instructions and assist
others as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Required
- The ability to read and write English.
- The ability to perform basic shop math, fractions,
- The ability to use basic hand tools, wrenches, etc.
- The ability to use basic inspection tools such micrometers,
- The ability to navigate intranet to locate process documents -
basic computer skills
- The ability to read and interpret work instructions and basic
prints and dimensionsExperience & Education
- Typically 0-1 Years of Experience
- GED or High School diploma preferred but not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Garden Grove , Quality Technician Level 1, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!