Credit Analyst II
Company: City National Bank
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: February 15, 2020
As a member of City National's Commercial Banking group, you will
help to provide expertise and financing solutions to mid-market
businesses and organizations with professional management,
headquartered in the United States. By listening and understanding
the client's needs, the team delivers specialized service and
industry-specific expertise to help solve challenges for companies
that are growingThe Credit Analyst will be responsible for
assisting Credit Officers with analytical support relating to new
and existing relationships and ongoing portfolio management. In
this role, the Credit Analyst will be responsible for financial
statement spreading as needed, projection model analysis and
preparation, covenant analysis, quarterly and annual reviews, and
other research and analysis in support of Credit Officers. This
role will also assist with reporting and other portfolio monitoring
tasks in support of the broader portfolio. The selected candidate
for this position will be part of the Aerospace & Defense team and
will be focused on clients within this industry vertical. Basic
- * Undergraduate degree in business, preference in
- *Completion of Intermediate Financial and Managerial
- *Min. 2 years of credit analyst experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial statement
- Basic knowledge of banking policies and procedures
- Prior role in credit and/or financial analysis
- Requires a working knowledge of appropriate banking laws,
regulations and bank policies and practices.
- Formal credit training strongly preferred Responsibilities
- Prepares projection model analysis for new and existing
relationships which includes management, expected and downside case
assumptions and enterprise value analysis.
- Prepares credit analysis for quarterly and annual reviews under
supervision of Credit Officers.
- Provides analytical support to Credit Officers on new and
existing relationships relating to due diligence, industry
research, document processing, and financial statements
- Monitors for receipt, and analyzes and evaluates documents for
new and existing relationships. This may include financial
statements for the company, owners, and/or guarantors, tax returns,
cash flow, collateral, covenants, etc. to identify strengths and
weaknesses pertaining to a borrower's financial position.
- As needed, may perform financial statement spreading, covenant
calculations, and collateral reviews.
- Assist in the preparation and ongoing maintenance of the
group's portfolio monitoring reports.
- Participate with Relationship Managers and Credit Officers on
client calls. *Represents basic qualifications for the position. To
be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic
qualifications.City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with
Disabilities/VeteransNote: This preceding job description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.Note: Candidates should be advised that City
National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or
relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously
agreed. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: City National Bank, Garden Grove , Credit Analyst II, Professions , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!