Experienced Satellite Flight Systems Engineer
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: November 28, 2019
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you------ll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking
an Experienced Satellite Flight System Engineer to develop flight
systems on complex satellite systems: Attitude Control Subsystem
(ACS), Autonomy System (AS), Command and Data Handling Subsystem
(C&DH) and Mission Systems Engineering and Operations (MSEO).
This position will focus on developing requirements definition and
flow down, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test
and design validation, verification, and writing satellite
operating procedure and support satellite operations. This position
is located in El Segundo, CA.**This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates.**Primary Responsibilities:
- Develops optimal subsystem designs, performing requirements
definition and flowdown, creating operational concepts and
products, developing interface requirements, and performing
verification and validation.
- Resolves technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and
system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Creates tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate
- Develops solutions with cross-functional teams to assure
mission success and presenting those findings to customer and
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Drives technology roadmaps.This position requires an active
U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within
the last 5 years. -- -- A U.S. Security Clearance that has been
active in the past 24 months is considered active.Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering.
- Experience developing solutions to complex technical
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Experience working with C/C++.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.Typical
Education & Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically --5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD with related work experience, Master+3
years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is
the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Boeing
--is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, Garden Grove , Experienced Satellite Flight Systems Engineer, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!