Quality Engineer - Garden Grove
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: November 2, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting the plant's
efforts to drive a proactive culture of enhanced, consistent
compliance, as well as being a catalyst for change and continuous
improvement. This person will aim toward developing real-world
solutions and implementing those solutions, requiring relentless
follow-up and continuous improvement. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Improve and maintain customer quality ratings
* Support collection of data to reduce cost of poor quality
* Facilitate root cause analysis and problem resolution within
* Conduct system audits
* Disposition non-conforming product and ensure corrective actions
* Manufacturing process knowledge
Quality Systems Oversight:
* Conduct Contract Reviews (Commercial and Government)
* Conduct system and process audits
* Maintenance of Quality Manual
* Ensure FAA compliance
New Product Introduction:
* Create Quality Plans
* Generate Acceptance Test Procedures
* Identify quality control points and error proofing (poke-yoke)
for new products
* Generate first article inspection plans in accordance with
* Perform statistical analysis in accordance with AS9103
* 2+ years' experience in Quality Engineering or a Quality
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or 10 + years of Quality
* US Citizenship
* Quality Accreditation (i.e., Internal Auditor, QMS)
* Experienced with Quality systems experience (AS9100, inspection,
FAI, PRB / MRB) highly preferred.
* Experienced in root cause/corrective action.
* Lean and Continuous Improvement skills with
background/certification in Lean Six Sigma
* Ability to read drawing, interpret specifications, and
understanding of ANSI 14.5
* Experience with MS Office program and Minitab preferred.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Garden Grove , Quality Engineer - Garden Grove, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!