Site Lean Deployment Leader
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 26, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
Facilitate continuous improvement implementation through employee
involvement. The primary objective is to coach and influence the
site leadership and employees to implement and sustain a beneficial
change culture within each site. The SCIL should challenge existing
ways of thinking and working to maximize opportunities for business
process improvement and complexity reduction.
What you'll do
* Strategic Lean Deployment
* Lead creation, deployment and update of:
* Site 5 year lean strategy
* Site 5 year lean training plan
* Lead development and review of Site CI Plan and associated KPIs
through Policy Deployment.
* Site Steering Committee
* Lead monthly Site Steering Committee meeting, ensuring Leadership
team attendance and accountability for performance and actions
* Reporting and KPI Management
* Deliver monthly completion of Lean reported KPIs
* Promote use of Aerospace Business Intelligence reporting and
visualisation tools for CI planning and KPI management (e.g.
Qliksense, EPvD, similar)
* Creating a culture of Continuous Improvement
* Focus on Quality and Safety continuous improvement activities as
* Lead, participate or be process coach of local lean activities
around Production, Business Process and People Excellence
* Ensure local 'lean trained' leaders are made accountable for
using Lean tools
* Coach problem-solving within the Leadership team and cascade the
philosophy of 'Leaders are teachers' throughout the
* Continuously coach lean graduates to cultivate improvement
* Develop a community of problem solvers
* Deploy 'What Good Looks Like' in all areas of the business -
* Coach waste identification and elimination
* Responsible for sharing and finding best practices within GKN
Aerospace and beyond
* Implement visual management systems to drive continuous
* Achieving business benefits and targets
* Facilitate workshops focused on identifying activities to improve
business performance and achieve management targets (eg. DSA,
* Develop a diverse and inclusive team aligned to GKN
* Motivate team by setting challenging and achievable goals.
Communicate business strategy and update team on the roadmap to
* Create a culture of Engagement where all employees have the tools
they need to do their job well and have the opportunity to
contribute to improvement through employee involvement.
* Bachelor's Degree required in Business or Engineering
* 5+ years of continuous improvement experience
* 5+ years of manufacturing experience preferably within aerospace
and a low mix high volume environment
* Knowledge of Lean Production Tools
* Good communication, teaching and coaching skills
* Project Management
* Promotes essential facilitation and Leadership skills
* Must be willing to participate in Phase 1 SCIL Training with
applied learning on-the-job implementation leadership training
* Must be a proven leader within a relevant discipline and a quick
learner who is adaptive to and embraces changeGen
* Must have experience with value stream mapping and/or four fields
* Experience working with Business Intelligence tools (ex.
Qliksense or similar) is beneficial
* Six sigma training/certification is favourable.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Garden Grove , Site Lean Deployment Leader, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!