Site Continuous Improvement Leader - Garden Grove
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 12, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is
helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems
and components for original equipment manufacturers around the
world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies
and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in
everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
What you'll do
The Site Continuous Improvement Leader facilitates continuous
improvement implementation through employee involvement while
coaching and influencing the site leadership and employees to
implement and sustain a beneficial change culture within each site.
The CIL should challenge existing ways of thinking and working to
maximize opportunities for business process improvement and
complexity reduction and manages process improvement projects. By
defining the problem, measuring the current process by collecting
data, analyzing the relevant data, optimizing the process and
controlling the process output, they will help our organization
reduce defects and maximize product and service quality.
Additionally, the CIL apply Lean Manufacturing principles to remove
process steps that provide no value to the customer and reduce
waste. Job Responsibilities
- Select and prioritize projects to ensure work aligns with
- Trains other team members on how to use Six Sigma tools and
techniques, such as control charts, histograms and a root cause
- Participate in creation, deployment and update of site 5 year
lean strategy and site 5 year lean training plan.
- Participate in development and review of Site CI Plan and
associated KPIs through Policy Deployment.
- Reporting and KPI Management.
- Deliver monthly completion of Lean reported KPIs.
- Promote use of Aerospace Business Intelligence reporting and
visualisation tools for CI planning and KPI management (e.g.
Qliksense, EPvD, similar).
- Focus on Quality, Delivery and Safety continuous improvement
activities as necessary.
- Lead, participate or be process coach of local lean activities
around Production, Business Process and People Excellence.
- Ensure local 'lean trained' leaders are made accountable for
using Lean tools.
- Coach problem-solving within the Leadership team and cascade the
philosophy of 'Leaders are teachers' throughout the
- Continuously coach lean graduates to cultivate improvement
- Develop a community of problem solvers.
- Coach waste identification and elimination.
- Responsible for sharing and finding best practices within GKN
Aerospace and beyond.
- Implement visual management systems to drive continuous
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience in continuous improvement role in a
manufacturing/industrial environment required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Aerospace industry experience highly preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Six Sigma/Lean production tools
- Strong communication, teaching and coaching skills.
- Corporate desktop environment such as Microsoft Office suite
- Project Management experience.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Garden Grove , Site Continuous Improvement Leader - Garden Grove, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!