Senior Technician II-Engineering
Company: Microchip Technology Incorporated
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded
control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general
purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers,
32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA)
products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear,
mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency
(RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless
connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable
Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories,
Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory
(SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in
a broad range of products.
- Under general supervision, provide a variety of engineering
support functions of a non-standard and complex nature.
- Support Development Engineers in testing and aligning RF Power
Transistors and Integrated Circuits with the purpose of
DC/RF/Thermal characterization, troubleshooting, tuning evaluation
boards to customer specifications, environmental and stress
- Generate test reports and document component changes.
- Configure and calibrate test benches.
- Determine set-up and operation of wide variety of test stands
involving a thorough knowledge of instrumentation theory and
- Work in a research, design/development manufacturing and/or
- Other duties as assigned
What do you need to be a Microchip Engineering Technician?
- ASEE or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technician, 10 years
- Familiarity with RF Power Transistor and Amplifier modes of
operation, RF/Microwave Measurement techniques and equipment and
basic microwave circuit concepts.
- Capable of bonding and tuning.
- Capable of soldering components on boards.
- Electrical test and alignment of evaluation circuits and
- Knowledge of basic microwave terminology.
- Proficient in circuits, matching and transistor devices.
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Must be independent and proactive.
- Must be able to deal with a fast paced working
Keywords: Microchip Technology Incorporated, Garden Grove , Senior Technician II-Engineering, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!