Commercial Sales Professional
Company: Terminix International, Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: June 7, 2021
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one
of the nation's leading providers of termite and pest control
services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against
all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Commercial Sales Professionals play a key role at Terminix
working with businesses to ensure they have the right products and
services to protect their property from Termites and other
What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training,
our Sales Reps are out in the communities Terminix serves meeting
with new and existing customers. Sales appointments are sometimes
pre-arranged withcustomers who have already expressed a need,
giving a head start on the selling process. Your visit would
typically begin with an inspection of the business to diagnose the
issue (which may include getting in confined spaces) andbe followed
by a presentation of a recommended Service Plan to the
Here are a few additional details of what you would be doing
- Prospecting for new customers via phone and interactively
though tip groups, networking, cross-selling, referrals, and
canvassing for large potential customers in your assigned
- Presenting commercial pest control services and products to
potential customers through in-person presentations and electronic
- Following up with customers after service is performed to
ensure satisfaction and developing additional prospects
- Continually building product knowledge and refining sales
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver's
license are both requirements
- Two or more years of business-to-business (B2B) sales
experience or prior sales training is highly desired, but the
following is even more important
- You are highly motivated, have a strong work ethic and enjoy
the selling process
- You are able to build rapport easily and establish trust,
leading to lasting customer relationships
- You have strong communications skills - impersonal, written,
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one
and in small or large groups
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing
calculations related to the sales process
- Of course, given our business and the nature of this role, you
should be comfortable working outside and
in confined spaces
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your
face) our Commercial Sales Professionals aren't able to have facial
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year
history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of
the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the
- Highly competitive compensation program with uncapped
commission potential - average earnings of$40-60,000 in first year
with 100K+ earning potential
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at
night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth - including
paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Terminix
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights. [
Link Removed ]
Keywords: Terminix International, Inc, Garden Grove , Commercial Sales Professional, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!