Date: May 14, 2021
Location: Garden Grove, CA, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference,
talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of
the future in what they do.
Senior scientist will lead technology development projects for
GKN Aerospace, Garden Grove (CA). The person will work in a
cross-functional team to develop new technology, improve current
products, resolve quality problems and provide technical supports.
This position will report to Head of Technology.
- Lead product development projects and technical initiative for
- Apply scientific methods (DOE, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical
Analysis etc.) to solve complex problems and advance GKN's
- Generate ideas that will enhance existing products and lead to
the development of new products,
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to advance the
development of formulas, products or processes.
- Train, mentor and guide R&D personnel.
- Provide technical support to operation for improving quality
- Masters in chemistry, polymer science/engineering, material
science or closely related field.
- 3 years experience with new product development and scale up
preferably in aerospace, transparencies or other closely related
- Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations
and/or program requirements.
- U.S. persons with ability to obtain a Department of Defense
- PHD in related field of science/engineering
- In-depth knowledge of polymeric materials, coating and material
- Experience with optical measurement system.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and in
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and hands-on
- Track record of high scientific achievement (patents, articles,
- Able to work effectively with internal and external partners at
a technical and interpersonal level.
- Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is
restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S.
Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees or
temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC
1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants
receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to
provide information to determine whether they are subject to these
regulations and, if so, to assess their country of chargeability
for trade compliance control purposes. Additionally, potential
employee's names will be screened against the Consolidated
Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to
determine eligibility to receive technical data
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new
ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are
committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment
against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles