Experienced Software Process Engineer
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: February 13, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you------ll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.The Experienced Software Process Engineer will
plan, coordinate, and provide process support for software
development, operations, and maintenance activities to all El
Segundo site programs. Programs supported include both classified
and unclassified. Works under minimal direction.Primary
- Providing process leadership for software projects through
selection, tailoring, and deployment of corrective action
processes, tools, and metrics.
- Develops/modifies software development plans with
- Serves as a subject matter expert for the site for software
processes, metrics, and applicable government regulations.
- Provides training (live and on-line) on tools and
- Advises new product line programs on site software product line
process definition and configuration control requirements;
documents configuration control and build requirements; and has
familiarity with ClearCase, ClearQuest, and GIT.
- Ensures all steps of the lifecycle are documented as required
by the customer or site processes and tracks and evaluates software
team progress metrics.
- Aids software developers in defining requirements using DOORS.
Verifies that required software traceability is defined and
- Assists with formal test preparations such as traceability and
test documentation, and with preparation of materials for customer
reviews such as Test Readiness Reviews and Sell-offs. --
- Identifies process risks/opportunities and performs root cause
corrective analysis (RCCA) as required.
- Successful candidate assists code developers with peer reviews
throughout the lifecycle, and must be familiar with traditional and
agile software development methods, preferably with experience as a
- Candidate will define roles/tasks, plan, schedule, and track
Agile process implementation; identify, monitor, and control
processes and baselines to include product backlog, requirements,
and software development library artifacts.
- Candidate supports software reviews during Agile sprints.
- Creation and collection of metrics for monitoring the health of
- Provide training on tools and processes.
- Perform process audits with the goals of insuring compliance
and of streamlining processes.**This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for
internal candidates.Boeing --is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policiesBasic Qualifications:
- This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security
Clearances, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S.
- Understanding of or experience with CMMI and/or
- Understanding of and experience with configuration management
tools such as ClearCase and GIT
- Understanding of and experience with problem/issue tracking
tools such as ClearQuest and JIRA
- Experience with the performance of root cause corrective
- Experience with the Agile processPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements database tools
- Experience as a SCRUM master
- Understanding of aerospace, aeronautics, and government/DoD
compliance standards for software engineering (examples: NASA
Software Engineering Requirements (NPR 7150.2), --Software
Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification
(DO-178B), and SMC standard for Software Development
Keywords: Boeing, Garden Grove , Experienced Software Process Engineer, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!