Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: January 4, 2020
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR BUYER
POSITION LEVEL REGULAR
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME EXEMPT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, buys and coordinates the supply of alloys, superalloys,
tooling and related materials to support the master schedule and
2. Evaluates and selects world class suppliers who can consistently
achieve design, material and tooling expectations both in the
present as well as the future.
3. Works with outside vendors, engineering, operations, and/or
quality to achieve sales goals and inventory control.
4. Interfaces with department managers, production,
shipping/receiving department, sales, etc. to determine the status
of purchased orders and communicate any issues or concerns.
5. Schedules and monitors planned receipts of materials using the
Master Production Schedule (MPS) Materials Requirement Planning
(MRP) and relevant reports.
6. Ethically represent the company to the marketplace; supports and
maintains an attractive reputation of the company, and builds and
maintains relationships with firms possessing or building the
capability, technology, and business practices to add value to the
7. Builds, maintains and continuously develops skills and knowledge
related to the materials and applications used and supported by the
8. Selects and maintains up-to-date evaluations of suppliers, and
maintain records supporting selection decisions and reasons for
awarding business to suppliers.
9. Manages the level of working capital, namely inventory and
accounts payable, used to produce planned and scheduled
10. Keeps suppliers informed of changes in the company's
requirements and facilities two-way communication between suppliers
and internal sales, quality, engineering and operations
11. Generates and executes opportunities to reduce costs.
12. Follows up, expedites and de-expedite purchase orders as
necessary to deliver on time to support the production schedule and
customer required ship dates.
13. Evaluates and determines suitability of substitute materials to
support manufacturing, and manages feedback from the quality and
product engineering functions.
14. Manages supplier delivery and quality performance.
15. Continuously improves the results of the purchasing and
16. Ability to manage and supervise others in absence of Purchasing
17. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor s Degrees (preferably in a technical field-material
science, industrial or mechanical engineering) in a related field;
equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of
2. 5+ years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Ability to use all functions of Microsoft Excel.
4. Exceptionally strong spoken and written communication skills.
Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with
customers, interface with other departments, and present
information to managers.
5. Solid prospecting abilities & excellent customer relationship
6. Experience in the fastener or aerospace industries is
1. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
2. Understanding of or aptitude toward scheduling systems,
inventory management and capacity planning practices in a
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of
organization particularly peers
5. Commitment to continuous improvement concepts and practices
6. MRP skills preferred.
7. Comprehension of metallurgical properties and formal quality
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer
committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job
categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Garden Grove , Sr. Buyer, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!