Lead Configuration Design Engineer
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: January 1, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking a Lead
Configuration Design Engineer (Level 4) to -support the development
of -configuration designs for IRAD, CRAD, and programs for the
Phantom Works Resilient Space Technologies Advanced Missions group.
The designs will be related to satellite buses, payloads, and other
space technologies. -This position will involve trading all key
variables such as structural adequacy, component capabilities and
cost to effectively meet customer needs. The candidate will support
systems from initial design and requirements development through
production and deployment. The ideal candidate will also be capable
of supporting detailed design and drawing/model release to support
manufacturing. - This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.**This
position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic
relocation is available for internal candidates.**Primary
- Synthesizes conceptual/preliminary aerospace/aeronautical
- Creates vehicle configuration designs from customer
- Leads multi-discipline design cycle and performs trade studies
to assess design space, structural adequacy, cost effectiveness and
- Applies knowledge of different propulsions to perform
propulsions system trades to support vehicle sizing and
- Supports development of aerospace/aeronautical vehicle
requirements (e.g., range, payload, operating and lifecycle
- Performs mass properties analysis for vehicle sizing.
- Work on communication systems for vehicle sizing trades.
- Applies knowledge of all space vehicle subsystems to assemble a
complete space vehicle and perform SV trades.
- Trains and mentors others.
- Works under minimal direction.This -position requires an active
U.S. Security Clearance with a SSBI (Single Scope Background
Investigation), for which the U.S Government requires U.S.
Citizenship. - A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in
the past 24 months is considered active.Basic Qualifications
(Required Skills and Experience):
- 5 years or more experience working with contractors and
- 5 years or more experience working with satellite structural
- Experience working with Solid Works.
- Experience working with CATIA V5 & Creo.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary conceptual design
teams.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience working with Unigraphics.
- Familiarity with current Government regulatory requirements for
spacecraft design.Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience
typically acquired through advanced technical education from an
accredited course of study in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9
or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination
of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related
work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the
USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard. -Boeing -is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Garden Grove , Lead Configuration Design Engineer, Other , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!