Company: Apex Systems, Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Job Description Job #: 983772 Apex Systems is looking for a CNC
Machinist for our Global Manufacturing client in Garden Grove, CA
seeking an experienced CNC Machinist for an Immediate Need! Those
with at least 1 year of CNC Machine Operating experience are
STRONGLY encouraged to apply! Responsibilities
- Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or
standard charts to determine specification procedures.
- Program (G Code), set-up and run various machine tools on a CNC
lathe or mill machine.
- Load and indicate part to fixture and secure the work piece in
the holding device.
- Select suitable tools and cutters to perform the required
- Position and secure tools and tool holders to tool heads.
- Monitor tool wear and change tools and inserts as
- Use appropriate measuring equipment (such as micrometers,
Vernier, height gauges, bore gauges etc.) to ensure that all
components produced meet customer specifications.
- Make quality parts that meet customer specifications and
deadlines, without rejection, in a fast paced work
- Meet ongoing production quotas while working within very close
tolerances in a machine-shop production environment.
- Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement processes and
projects in the areas of output, quality, cost and delivery.
- Maintains work space before, during, and after each scheduled
shift in accordance with 5S principles.
- Contribute to team effort by performing other supporting tasks
as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Lead. Required
- HS Diploma or GED certificate
- Minimum 3 years previous work experience as a CNC Machinist
with understanding of CNC lathe or mill machines.
- Experience handling large, heavy parts as well as small
- Ability to read, understand and follow written materials
including blueprint drawings, job orders, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to use measuring instruments.
- Basic computer knowledge and good math skills.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, good attendance and
flexibility to work overtime as needed.
- Availability to work second shift schedule Other
- Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and program
- Good vision to read written materials and measuring
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds EEO Employer Apex Systems is an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at
844-463-6178-6178. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Apex Systems, Inc, Garden Grove , CNC Machinist, IT / Software / Systems , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!