Tele-Critical Care Clinical Coordinator, 36/hr Night
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Provides remote consultative and supportive nursing care to
critically ill patients in the Intensive Care Units (ICUs) to
multiple medical centers utilizing the in-room camera and EPIC
technology from a remote, centralized hub. Collaborates with
intensivists, hospitalists, MODs, nurses, respiratory therapists,
and other staff to provide timely intervention for critically ill
patients to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Guides, coaches, and
assists the clinical team in the daily needs of critical care
patients according to AACN guidelines.
- Performs video monitoring and assessment of ICU patient data.
Performs safety oversight rounds. Collaborates with the TCC
physician located in the remote hub to ensure timely consultation
and intervention on ICU patients requiring immediate
- Responds to requests by ICU RNs for nursing care consultation
on ICU patients. Works remotely with bedside nurses in providing
real-time, clinical decision support for ICU patients with
conditions requiring immediate attention such as physiologic
changes resulting from actions or inactions of the care team during
evening and night shifts
- Collaborates in continuous performance improvement activities
with remote interprofessional teams to achieve optimal patient and
family outcomes. Leverages technology in gathering and evaluating
quality metrics to measure and report on patients data. Reviews
critical care quality metrics
- Provides consultation as a resource for education, assessment,
and treatment of critical care patients
- Maintains knowledge of evidence-based practice and new
recommendations from specialty nursing organizations (e.g.,
American Association of Critical Care Nurses)
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and reports this
information to the Physician-in-Charge (PIC), Clinical Lead, and
performance improvement teams
- Monitors practice to assure policies & procedures are in effect
and takes appropriate actions and follows up as needed
- Co-leads and participates in regional committees
- Serves as a subject matter expert for critical care
recommendations from various organizations (e.g., AACN, TJC)
- Develops strategies to ensure that performance improvement
gains can be sustained over time.
- Serves as a resource to regional committees for P&P
development, implementation, and dissemination.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in Intensive Care
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Critical Care Registered Nurse Certificate within 12 months of
hire OR Critical-Care Registered Nurse Knowledge Professional -
Adult (AACN) within 12 months of hire OR Critical-Care Registered
Nurse (Tele-ICU) - Adult (AACN) within 12 months of hire OR
Critical-Care Registered Nurse Knowledge Professional - Pediatric
(AACN) within 12 months of hire
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Demonstrates effective communication and listening skills.
- Communicating with patients, families, peers, and colleagues as
appropriate, across a broad range of socio-economic and cultural
- Providing cultural sensitivity; identifying language barriers
impeding understanding of patients condition.
- Showing sensitivity, honesty, and compassion in difficult
conversations in collaboration with TCC physicians, ICU RNs,
patients, and families.
- Displaying insight and understanding about emotions and human
responses to emotions that allow one to develop and manage
- Works effectively with others as a member or informal
- Demonstrates professionalism when using audio/visual (AV)
equipment or during phone consultation/support through Compassion,
integrity, and respect for others, Respect for patient privacy,
Sensitivity and responsiveness to a diverse patient population,
including diversity in gender, age, culture, race, religion,
disabilities, and sexual orientation, and Commitment to ethical
principles & confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrates conflict resolution and mediation skills with the
ability to secure action from persons outside their
- Ability to think critically.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- One (1) year ICU supervisory or Clinical Nurse Specialist
specializing in Critical Care.
- Master's degree in nursing or related field.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Garden Grove , Tele-Critical Care Clinical Coordinator, 36/hr Night, Human Resources , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...