Assistant Area Director of Sales
Company: Homewood Suites - Garden Grove
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 13, 2019
As a city built on imagination, Anaheim is where all your inner
enthusiasts can have their day. Visit Anaheim and discover an
atmosphere where hip hangouts and hidden gems inspire animated
attitudes from visitors and locals alike. From the magic of Main
Street to a collective of one-of-a-kind flavors, scenes, sights,
and sounds we invite you to experience the authenticity of all
things Anaheim and come hang with us. In the heart of it all we
would like to welcome you to enjoy one of our "cluster" of
Stonebridge managed properties close to Disneyland and other local
attractions. The Assistant Area Director of Sales will be
responsible for leading and motivating a sales team and
consistently delivering sales results for a cluster of three
prosperous area hotels representing a major brand with an
outstanding reputation. Previous hotel sales experience is
required. Delivering daily on Distinguished Hospitality that is
what we expect of you, but we also expect you excel at the
- The Assistant Area Director of Sales assists and acts in the
absence of the Area Director of Sales/Marketing (ADOS) to develop
and execute strategic sales and marketing plans and initiatives to
maximize hotel service and profitability. Manages and solicits a
- This role helps to implementhotel-level tactical sales plans
and will monitor performance of sales team to ensure actual sales
meet or exceed established revenue plan while selling hotel room
nights through direct client contact.
- Assist Area DOS with the day to day operation of sales team to
achieve budgeted revenues for current year, along with future year
- Assists Area ADOS with training of all new employees in the
- Assist Area DOS in establishing sales team policies and
procedures relating to Sales, Revenue Management, and
- A critical senior role within the sales team, you will actively
promote and sell the product and services of three Marriott Brands
(MSB), focusing on maintaining and developing new corporate group
business to meet your designated market segment goals.
- Maintains 100' of activity goals (including prospecting,
solicitation and outside appointments)
- Support as necessary all direct sales efforts to include sales
trips, off property functions and customer entertainment.
- Assist Area DOS in development and implementation of annual
goals, marketing plan, budget and objectives for
- Assists Area DOS in preparing and training Sales Manager/s in
relation to performance benchmarks and budgets.
- Collaborate with Revenue Management to ensure hotels have
effective pricing and selling strategies in place to achieve the
optimal mix of business.
- Collect and share with assigned hotels relevant national,
state, country and or city economic intelligence as well as
- Work as needed on the evaluation of business
- Participate in market and regional sales blitzes.
- Work in tandem with the Area ADOS to develop, implement and
evaluate short and long-term tactics and programs focused on
customer and market needs/ conditions in order to ensure the
achievement of group revenue goals.
- Consistently explore new products and services, evaluating
potential return on investment and enhancement to property versus
- Coordinate with Area DOS to conduct meetings involving rate
strategies for the next 90 days, group backlog, competitive
business analysis and financial room forecasts.
- Form partnership with hotels' General Managers to ensure
collaborative effort as far as growing revenue and market
- Help in improving the results of underperforming hotels.
- Provide product quality feedback to the General Managers and
- Maintain involvement in all properties' revenue centers to
effectively plan and alter sales methods to ensure all sales levels
are at budgeted and forecasted levels.
- Work with Area DOS, Communications teams, and social media in
taking an active role in developing Marketing and PR strategies to
support the revenue goals.
- Ensure accurate and current Marketing data is readily available
to support and document decision making process.
- Maintain all departmental policies.
- Other duties as assigned Our company does not discriminate
against its associates or applicants because of race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental
disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will
be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate
relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement,
compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline,
layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will
be made for disabled associates. Resumes and applications for
employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet
the requirements of the position and ability to perform the
requirements of the position. See Job Description above.
Keywords: Homewood Suites - Garden Grove, Garden Grove , Assistant Area Director of Sales, Hospitality & Tourism , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!