Assistant General Manager
Company: Homewood Suites - Garden Grove
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 13, 2019
The ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER is responsible for managing the
day-to-day operation of the property, including but not limited to
front office, housekeeping, food and beverage and engineering,
while supporting the General Manager in providing overall
leadership in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding
guest service and financial profitability. PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Lead all operational managers to success on daily, weekly,
monthly and annual action plans relative to property business plan
and financial goals.
- Ensure compliance of brand standard operating procedures and
- Plan, organize, facilitate and/or participate in various hotel
and department meetings.
- Develop and implement plans that improve guest satisfaction and
- Monitor and develop associate performance, particularly
operational managers, to include, but not limited to, providing
supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting
counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and
- Interview, hire and train associates, particularly management
- Monitor service quality, operational efficiency, guest
satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency
gaps and develop measures to correct those deficiencies.
- Support assigned departments to achieve financial/business plan
goals and expectations in accordance with established operating
budget, monitoring progress monthly and implementing controls for
- Minimize risk and oversee loss prevention measures in the areas
of safety of guests and associates and security of the hotel and
property and in accordance with state, federal and company
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by General Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of
the position. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's
degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university (Hospitality or
Hotel Administration preferred); or four years equivalent
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. Minimum of two years equivalent experience in a
full-service hotel property of similar size and quality. Solid
career progression in management of both Rooms and Food & Beverage
operations. Thorough understanding of revenue and yield management
principles. Position requires ability to work a varied schedule
that includes evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. What to
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
- Be recognized for excellence. Our company does not discriminate
against its associates or applicants because of race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental
disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will
be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate
relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement,
compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline,
layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will
be made for disabled associates. Resumes and applications for
employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet
the requirements of the position and ability to perform the
requirements of the position. See Job Description above.
Keywords: Homewood Suites - Garden Grove, Garden Grove , Assistant General Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!