Area Director of Sales
Company: Homewood Suites - Garden Grove
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: August 28, 2019
As a city built on imagination, Anaheim is where all your inner
enthusiasts can have their day. Visit Anaheim and discover an
atmosphere where hip hangouts and hidden gems inspire animated
attitudes from visitors and locals alike. From the magic of Main
Street to a collective of one-of-a-kind flavors, scenes, sights,
and sounds we invite you to experience the authenticity of all
things Anaheim and come hang with us. In the heart of it all we
would like to welcome you to enjoy one of our "cluster" of
Stonebridge managed properties close to Disneyland and other local
attractions. This fabulous cluster is currently searching for an
Area Director of Sales to join their winning team! The ideal
candidate will have a proven track record of sales success and a
strong work ethic. The Area Director of Sales will be responsible
for leading and motivating a sales team and consistently delivering
sales results for a cluster of three prosperous area hotels
representing a major brand with an outstanding reputation. Previous
hotel sales experience is required. Delivering daily on
Distinguished Hospitality that is what we expect of you, but we
also expect you excel at the following: PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Work cohesively with the Sales Departments to book group
business by promptly responding to leads through various online
networks, cold calling and visiting local businesses in the
downtown metropolitan area.
- Manage workflow through the Sales Pro system, properly
responding and filing data according to company and brand
- Participate in promotional events, trade shows, community and
industry events when assigned
- Perform the required job functions with a high attention of
detail and efficiency.
- Organize, prioritize and follow-up with a sense of
- Assists with settings sales strategies to achieve overall
property goals for both rate and occupancy.
- Understand the hotel's operations, including room types,
meeting capacities, services, features and benefits for assigned
hotel/s in your territory.
- Review monthly STAR reports and create action plans as
- Communicate with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that
pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as
- Exceed revenue goals by offering an exciting alternative to the
current market. Must be innovative and gregarious and at home when
interacting with people.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor. EDUCATION
AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management,
Hospitality, Business Administration, or equivalent work
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible sales
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions,
including MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Prior experience overseeing the sales efforts of multi-property
hotels is required. QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports
and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Proficient use of Sales Pro.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word is required, specifically
Excel. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- May supervise Sales Manager/s, Sales Coordinators or similar
positions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to sit for 25' or more of time.
- Ability to travel and work outside of the hotel
- Ability to lift weight or exert force up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to make sales calls 50' of the time. Our company
does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because
of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status,
physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including
recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training,
promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled
associates. Resumes and applications for employment will be
evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements
of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the
position. See Job Description above.
Keywords: Homewood Suites - Garden Grove, Garden Grove , Area Director of Sales, Hospitality & Tourism , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!