Registered Vascular Tech Surgery Center Per Diem
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: November 19, 2023
POSITION FEATURES:This is a per diem position in our Garden
Grove, CA Surgery center.The center is open Mondaythrough Friday
7:30am to 4:00pm.No evenings, weekends and no major
holidays.PURPOSE AND SCOPE:Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core
values and customer service philosophy.-- Adheres to the FMCNA
Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS
policy requirements. Responsible for the operation and quality
control of the ultrasound equipment in accordance with the FMC
policies, procedures and training. Utilizing specialized ultrasonic
equipment to detect abnormalities in specific areas or angles of
the body.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs various activities necessary for the preparation of
the patient and the procedure room for the ultrasound procedure in
compliance with FMCNA policies and procedures and state and federal
- Prepares and positions patients for exam by greeting them,
bringing them to the exam room and giving them sufficient time to
change into examination gown.-- Moves the patient while on the
examination table for the best results. Is responsible for
patient's safety, mental and physical comfort while in the
- Records and maintains all records pertaining to the exam.
Maintains a daily log of patients seen for billing purposes and
ensures patient images were saved to PACS.
- Documents all findings observed during the procedure and
reports to physician for interpretation.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and complies with
all policies and procedures pertaining to the work environment.
--Use proper infection control measures-wiping down machine/probe
and whatever else the patient comes in contact with
(chair/stretcher) with approved cleaner (EZ Kill wipes) between all
patients and after last patient.
- Stocks exam rooms with medical/surgical supplies, gowns, linens
etc. --Inspects all equipment and notifies manager of
- May give manager input for policy development and
- Updates manager regarding equipment operating condition, wear
and tear and provides recommendations for capital purchases as
- Participates in quality and personal improvement programs and
meetings e.g.-- QA on the portal, training sessions, attends
quarterly safety/QA meetings. --Remains current on Joint Commission
standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of patient charts.
- Performs additional tasks as designated by Physician,
practicing in compliance with state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.Additional responsibilities may
include focus on one or more departments or locations.-- See
applicable addendum for department or location specific
functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical
demands and work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Day to day work includes desk and personal
computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and
physicians.-- The position requires travel between assigned
facilities and various locations within the community.-- Travel to
Regional, Divisional and Corporate meetings may be required.The
work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with
air temperature control and moderate noise levels.-- May be exposed
to infectious and contagious
diseases/materials.EDUCATION:Graduation for an accredited
ultrasound program.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- License required: Registered Vascular Tech
- 1 year experience as a Registered Vascular Tech
- 4-6 years of related experience preferredGood communication
skills - written and verbal
- Ability to follow direction and is detail orientedEO/AA
Orientation/Gender IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America
maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable
federal and state laws."The rate of pay for this position will
depend on the successful candidate's work location and
qualifications, including relevant education, work experience,
skills and competencies and may fall outside of the range
shown.--Hourly Rate:-- $32.00 - $54.00"
Keywords: Fresenius, Garden Grove , Registered Vascular Tech Surgery Center Per Diem, Healthcare , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!