Physician Assistant, Street Medicine (North Orange County)
Company: Healthcare in Action
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Healthcare in Action, we serve patients experiencing
homelessness through an innovative "street medicine" approach by
contracting with Medicare and Medicaid health plans as well as
hospitals and health systems.
Street medicine entails using a medically equipped van to deliver
medical care directly to people experiencing homelessness in
locations such as parking lots, encampments, and parks.
The Physician Assistant will provide direct care to people
experiencing homelessness in the North Orange County area of Garden
Grove and Westminster). Meet with patients, perform physicals,
discuss symptoms, and educate patients on their condition. Diagnose
illnesses, order and interpret laboratory tests and x-rays,
prescribe medications, develop and manage treatment plants, and
advise patients on preventative care and optimal health
- Conduct physical exams and assessments including diagnostic
exams; take medical histories; diagnose and document patient's
health conditions; conduct wellness exams, administer vaccinations
and draw blood for lab tests (if necessary).
- Interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess
individuals' clinical problems and health care needs.
- Develop care plans in collaboration with patients, peer
navigators, and primary care physicians. Educate and advise on
medical issues as needed. Consult with physicians and Medical
Director as needed. Ensure Primary Care Physicians are aware of
patient's health conditions and progress.
- Provide health education to patients. Work with patients in the
prevention of illness, promotion of health, and management of
patient's adjustment to chronic health problems.
- Document patient visit/interaction accurately and
- Engage with providers and patients to create a trusting
- Maintain a safe, efficient, and pleasant environment conducive
to optimum patient wellbeing, in conformance with recognized
- Function in a collaborative relationship with physicians and
other health care professionals in the clinical management of
- Maintain a good working relationship with other personnel,
medical staff, and administration.
- Follow company policies and procedures for the proper handling
of lab specimens and biohazardous waste. Provide referrals both
internally and externally to appropriate medical
- Report suspicious, unethical, or illegal conduct and cooperate
with approved investigations and inspections.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Actively supports the achievement of Healthcare in Action's
Vision and Goals.
- Drive medically equipped van as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree from an accredited PA program,
- 1+ years of experience working in a medical office or hospital
setting, strongly preferred.
- Current California Physician Assistant license in good
- NPI, DEA license
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Proof of a valid driver's license in good standing
- Must maintain minimum State Liability Insurance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced outdoors
- Ability to move and manipulate patients
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge
of HIPAA requirements
- Ability to work on a team and maintain good working
relationships with staff and patients
- Ability to problem-solve and to prioritize changing patient
- Knowledge of efficient interviewing practices and techniques
used to gather information.
- Knowledge of diagnostic equipment and procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good computer literacy
What's in it for you?
- Base salary range:$106,200.00to$169,900.00
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating
- Excellent 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with employer
- Robust employee recognition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference
to our members and our community every day
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, if you are selected
for this position, your job offer with Healthcare in Action will be
contingent upon being fully vaccinated and providing proof of your
COVID-19 vaccine within 3 days after your start date. Generally,
you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the
last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that
has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States,
including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an
Emergency Use Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the
United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by
the World Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the
vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely held
religious belief, you may request an accommodation to this
requirement by contacting the Healthcare in Action leadership team.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here -
At Healthcare in Action we believe that it is our business to
improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to
drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed
to creating a workforce that reflects our community through
inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee
resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Healthcare in Action is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability,
protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A
background check is required.
Keywords: Healthcare in Action, Garden Grove , Physician Assistant, Street Medicine (North Orange County), Healthcare , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!