Medical Office Supervisor
Company: Argus Medical Management, LLC
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical Office SupervisorOverview: To ensure all
aspects of the medical office are managed effectively to comply
with physician/company policies and procedure and state/federal
regulations. To oversee the day-to-day operations of the office
(e.g. administrative, financial, personnel and patient services)
for the purpose of promoting an environment of excellence and
professionalism. To step in and assist in all areas, both front and
back office, when necessary.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT
- Meets with physicians routinely to maintain effective/open
- Responsible for OSHA and HIPAA compliance and providing
on-going training to staff.
- Maintain patient records confidentially.
- Creating and revising monthly doctor's schedule as
- Ensures patient appointment scheduling protocols are adhered to
and revised when necessary based upon the requirements of the
- Reviews medical and office supply orders to maintain an
- Train and provide materials in compliance with standards of all
IPA's and other regulatory bodies in order to meet credentialing
- Serves as a liaison for office facility issues with the
building property manager.
- Reports to Management Company regarding office problems,
concerns, and related issues.Financial:
- Reviews and approves/disapproves all accounts payable invoices
for payment in order to ensure accurate payments are sent to the
- Manages timekeeping/payroll for staff.
- Ensures patient co-payments and any outstanding balances are
collected at time of visit.
- Provides guidance for accurate and appropriate CPT and HCPCS
coding on the superbills.
- Ensures, on a daily basis, reconciling of superbills to the
schedule for office visits and hospital log sheets prior to being
sent to the Billing Office; requires all monies collected to be
balanced to the superbills daily before sending to the Billing
- Provides direction to new staff employees.
- Provides on-going guidance/support to Back Office and Front
- Schedules routine meetings with staff members to provide
- Arranges for additional staff training and continuing education
- Interacts with other staff members and other physicians on day
to day issues as required.Patient Services:
- Discuss/provide alternatives to patients for insurance
- Handles patient concerns in an efficient and caring manner to
ensure prompt resolution.
- Attempt resolution and/or provide direction for billing-related
- Provides an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Assists in all office areas as necessary and performs other
work as directed by the Physician within compliance of employment
agreement and California Labor Laws.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to
urgent/emergency situations per protocols.
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
physicians, staff and management.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost
kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Communicate patients' problems to the medical staff.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious
and economic status.
- Performing other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.Skills:
- Medical terminology.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of CareTracker and ICD9/10 coding procedures
- Knowledge of medications and injection procedures.Job Type:
Keywords: Argus Medical Management, LLC, Garden Grove , Medical Office Supervisor, Healthcare , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!