Industrial Security First Line Manager
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: November 28, 2019
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you------ll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.The Boeing Company is looking for a highly
motivated individual to serve as an IndustrialSecurity First Line
Manager. This position manages employees performing activities to
protect information from unauthorized disclosure, including
security inquiries, compliance assessments and implementation
security controls in the SCI and SAP domains. This position will
located in El Segundo, California.Position Responsibilities:
- Oversees, development, implementation of an operational
security program, security education, procedures and physical
controls to ensure compliance with government and company
regulations/requirements on large and/or complex programs.
- Oversees establishment and implementation a security awareness
training and education program to educate, refresh, and motivate
personnel to protect people, property and information.
- Oversees Physical Security duties and responsibilities within
Boeing facilities to ensure compliance with company and government
- Develops and implements integrated departmental plans to ensure
business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns
authority and responsibilities to execute the plan. Reviews plans'
execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues.
Develops and advances business cases to support continuation of
program, projects or processes.
- Mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job
assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities
of direct reports. Provides on-going developmental feedback.
Promotes employee recognition and builds a departmental culture
that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and
- Conveys organizational messages and facilitates the
accomplishment of departmental goals. Proactively communicates with
employees, peers (e.g., fellow managers) and customers. Keeps
others informed by communicating program or project status,
conducting and participating in team meetings, providing
presentations and listening to employee concerns and suggestions.
Implements strategies to improve open and honest communication
within the department. Communicates policies and directives to
enhance employee awareness and clarify expectations.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and
external customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
Improves processes to achieve goals.
- Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior,
safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement. Charters process
improvement teams and modifies departmental structures to improve
operating effectiveness. Identifies opportunities to improve
- Holds direct reports accountable for achieving goals.
- Oversight of Internal Security Controls through performance of
compliance assessment reviews and self-inspections to ensure
compliance with government and company
regulations/requirements.Basic Qualifications (Required
- Active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security
Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered
- Current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the
federal government within the last 5 years
- 10+ years of industrial security experiencePreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher --
- Experience working with EEO, ethics, legal matters and problem
- Experience working with DOD Manual 5205.07 and Intelligence
Community Directives (ICDs).
- Experience working with Information Assurance Policy &
- Experience with growing a team, leadership, goal development
and performance monitoring.
- Experience managing employees or leading teams.
- Experience working with Special Compartmented Information and
Special Program Access Programs.Relocation:Relocation assistance is
not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in
the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free
Workplace:Boeing --is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.Additional Information: All
information provided will be checked and may be verified.Please
apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence
before the end date.
Keywords: Boeing, Garden Grove , Industrial Security First Line Manager, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!