Configuration Manager - Garden Grove
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: June 27, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
The key responsibilities of the Configuration Manager will be to
establish world-class Configuration Management capability within
the site by working with the leads in Engineering, Technology,
Quality, and Programs to support CM functions throughout product
lifecycle and enterprise. The successful Configuration Manager will
establish world-class CM practices and implement them into all
aspects of the product from RFP/RFQ through Design, Testing,
Manufacture and Support. This position offers an opportunity to
build and lead this crucial capability, from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
* Execute the CM Plan throughout all phases of the product
* Communicate CM processes/responsibilities/tasks to users at all
levels of the organization.
* Work with the administrator of the PDLM system to build/improve
CM-related processes in system workflows.
* Oversee Change Management process, impact assessment, disposition
* Act as chair of CCB(s).
* Maintain accurate data on status of product configuration
information and communicate this information as needed.
* Implement meaningful process measurements, reporting results and
driving continuous improvement in CM.
* Provide accurate data and plans for audits of products,
manufacturing, and quality-related processes.
* Manage all actions resulting from CM activities including CCBs
and audits and see them through to resolution.
* Conduct periodic reviews of all system process specifications for
adherence to the overall company business objectives and current CM
and technology advancements.
* Work with a team to develop site-specific CM training
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering or a related aerospace
* 3+ years of experience Significant Configuration Manager
experience such as establishing Configuration Management Capability
in a design and manufacturing environment
* U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance
and site SSA requirements
* Configuration Management Certification from a recognized
* Aerospace experience preferred
* History working with leading Aerospace and high-technology
* Ability to conduct training for multiple skill levels
* Experience with enterprise PDLM systems
* Ability to oversee end-to-end lifecycle process and manage
multiple product lines simultaneously
* Superior written and oral communication skills as well as
excellent intrapersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and within a team
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Garden Grove , Configuration Manager - Garden Grove, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!