Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care RN, Pediatrics (Bellflower)
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Assists in managing a single department or multiple small
departments providing ambulatory patient care services by
supervising daily operations and patient care activities. Ensures
staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care and
patient focused services to members across the continuum which
comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Implements and
supervises the maintenance of clinical practice standards, budgets,
and staff development. Assists in integrating services/operations
with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and
performance/outcome measures, as well as with business,
departmental and organizational goals/objectives.
- Supervises daily operations and service delivery.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in
compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, federal, state
and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service
standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates processes to improve
systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train and maintain
the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Supervises the implementation of policies and procedures which
support the goals and business objectives of the organization and
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief, and nursing
manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and
the day-to day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor
relations, employee and department safety, and risk management
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other
relevant clinical experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years in a healthcare leadership capacity
- Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California
Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration. Education
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelors degree or four (4) years experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
required. License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Nurse License (California) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hire from American Heart
Association Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local state,
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Clinical specialization in area of practice preferred.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Garden Grove , Assistant Manager Ambulatory Care RN, Pediatrics (Bellflower), Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...