Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Business Manager work closely with the Director and Vice
President, ADW vendors and customers' personnel to increase sales.
Under the direction of the Director, he/she executes the mutual
business goals of ADW and assigned clients through aggressive
selling, market research and new business development. The Business
Manager will have financial accountability to an annual sales
budget exceeding $25 million and will also be responsible for
providing support functions related to sales.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following
People Minded - Must show dignity and respect to all people
Integrity - Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical
Results Oriented - Must show passion, pride and commitment to
Trust - Must be honest, sincere and confident
Teamwork - Must build trusting relationships
Innovation - Must progress through a combination of creativity,
common sense and vision
Balance - Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective
on what is important in life.
- Will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of vendors' products,
programs, and issues, communicates potential opportunities to gain
new business with Costco. Become an expert; constantly expand
product, vendor, category and industry knowledge.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the buyer (s) goal and
Region goals and objectives for supplier and effectively
communicates and shares ADW information resources to buyer (s).
Develop a business strategy parallel to the Buyer's strategy for
- Aggressively pursue new business opportunities with New and
Current Vendors. Participates in trade shows. Develop new and
innovative items for Costco in partnership with existing
- Work cooperatively with manager and peers in adhering to ADW's
business goals, development and account management
- Works with existing clients on packaging, pricing, formulation
and new item trends to develop items specifically for
- Conducts sample cuttings in accordance with food safety
standards and consistent with client expectations.
- Conducts plant audits and inspections to ensure compliance with
Costco food safety and social responsibility standards.
- Management of Demo and Endcap monies or other marketing
opportunities, activity and analyses for best results.
- Provide the Costco Buyers with up-to-date market trends and
industry information. Maximize vendor's potential with
- Actively communicates to other regional peer's knowledge,
vendor challenges, opportunities, etc.
- Protect and secure all confidential and proprietary
- Ensure the timely resolution of issues involving deliveries,
product quality, packaging, billing, etc. Resolve any political
conflicts that arise. Proactively provide solutions.
- Meeting the physical requirements - listed below.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Sales and Marketing, Finance or Communication
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years of direct selling experience, preferably calling on
Costco buyers, preferred in a sales support role or prior CPG
experience calling on Costco's customers.
- 2 years of prior marketing/project/communications management
- 2 years of prior management/leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Negotiation skills to include strategy development and tactical
- Marketing/Analytical skills to include accessing and
interpreting IRI/AC Nielson data, post-promotion analysis and
- Finance skills to include ability to create profit and volume
strategies and understand financial statements.
- Logistics skills to include knowledge of order processing,
inventory tracking, client and customer distribution
- Presentation skills to include preparation, delivery and
- Sales skills to include understanding the sales process,
contracts and client promotion systems.
- Ability to protects and secures all confidential and
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta
Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Work State US-CA-Garden Grove
Job ID 2022-214529
Work City Garden Grove
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Work Zip 92840
Category Corporate Jobs
Keywords: Acosta, Garden Grove , Business Manager, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!