Assistant Director of Nursing
Company: Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The Assistant Director of Nursing reports directly to the
Director of Nursing and supports the Director in all duties
pertaining to the Nursing Program. The position is administrative
in nature. The position requires active participation in the
management of all areas of the Nursing Program as dictated by the
Board of Nursing in the state of employment. KEY
- Reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, the Assistant
Director of Nursing will assist the Director with the following
general management/administrative duties for the nursing program:
a. Monitor department compliance with the State Board of Nursing,
Concorde policy, and all regulatory agency procedures.
- Participate in ongoing review and evaluation of the curriculum.
Assist with revision as necessary.
- Insure that instruction meets or exceeds the standards and
guidelines established by accrediting bodies and legislation.
Assist instructors in preparing, reviewing, and revising the course
syllabus, lesson plans, testing materials, course calendars,
student evaluations, and learning objectives as needed.
- Assist in establishing department policy that meets the needs
and requirements of Concorde as well as the profession.
- Advise students as needed regarding academic, attendance,
professional behavior issues, and assist graduates as needed in the
application for licensure process.
- Assist with student admission interviews, orientation, and
other department meetings as assigned by the Director of
- Assist in planning and participate in the Advisory Committee
- Participate in the accreditation process by all regulatory
- Participate in management of the student retention
- Assist in planning and conducting faculty meetings, projects,
and studies being conducted by the Nursing Department and
- Participate in Systematic Program Evaluation.
- Substitute teaches PRN.
- Assist in the development of clinical site experiences,
supervision and evaluation.
- Assume responsibility for skills lab coordination.
- Maintain student records in compliance with Concorde
- Participate in program, campus, and corporate activities.
- Assure ongoing advisement of students regarding academic
progress in the department from enrollment to graduation.
- Participate on committees providing input on policies regarding
recruitment, admissions, retention, promotion, and graduation of
- Maintain professional competence by activities which may
include nursing practice, community volunteer, continuing
education, writing, or participation in professional
- Participate in the development of departmental and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing. Job
- Current License to practice professional nursing in the state
- MSN Required
- Minimum 5 years RN experience in clinical practice.
- Minimum one year management experience required.
- Must meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications in order
to hold position.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Keywords: Concorde Career Colleges, Inc., Garden Grove , Assistant Director of Nursing, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!