Company: Kelly Services
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Title: Project ManagerCompensation: $56,000 - $75,000/yr
(Depending on Experience)Location:--Irvine, CAOverview: Our client
provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide
variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue
to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry,
building an enviable reputation.--Our client provides a diversified
line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier
customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and
food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and
specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification
and verification purposes.--General Accountability:The primary
purpose of this position is to work with customers to determine
their analytical needs, coordinates with laboratory and
administrative staff to ensure that these needs are understood, and
ensure that the service provided to the customer adequately meets
these defined needs.--Client Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow client relationships through professional
- Manage and interpret customer requirements - speaking with
clients to understand, anticipate, and meet their needs
- Manage projects from initial scope development to final data
- Identify and resolve client concerns; recommending a course of
action to alleviate these concerns in the future. Communicate these
concerns/issues to lab management.
- Respond to client questions and requests in a timely and
- Report findings and results back to client.
- Keep client informed of new developments and lab services.
- Provide quotations and job specifications for specific
- May participate in specific marketing activities (i.e., trade
show booths), if appropriate.--
- Identifies and communicates to management on new marketing
opportunities and other issues.----Project Responsibilities:
- Work with client and lab to define project specifications.
Communicate project schedule to lab.
- Project setup entry in LIMS as defined by the client.
- Coordinates with laboratory staff to provide exemplary service
- Work with Sample Management to ensure proper container
quantities/type are provided.
- Review incoming work to ensure work requests are properly
specified according to project requirements.
- Track projects through the lab keeping client and lab personnel
appraised of progress.
- Prepare, review, and approve invoices for specific work
orders.----Reporting and QA/QC Responsibilities:
- Ensure consistent reporting formats for clients.----
- Review reported data against historical results for
- Responsible for meeting QA objectives for specified
- Approve certified analytical reports.
- Bring problems or issues relative to work to the QA
Coordinator, Lab Operations, or Lab Management for study and
- At times may be involved with QAP development.--
- Review client reports to make sure that all components of the
report are present.
- Works closely with SMO, Lab Operations, QA/QC, and
administrative staff to keep everyone informed as appropriate on
client issues and projects.--Required Knowledge, Skills &
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) LIMS and other computer
software for logins, program specs, invoicing, and other required
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects
- Ability to prepare quotes and basic proposals.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office----Required
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Chemistry or any related science + 2 years of
experience in an analytical laboratory, or 5 years of experience in
an analytical laboratory with some college coursework in
- Previous Experience as a Laboratory Project Manager is
preferred.Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience in preparing for, and leading successful client
- Working knowledge of state and federal environmental compliance
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing environmental laboratory
- Experience in operating analytical instrumentation a
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff,
management, and clients.
- Able to sit, and/or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and
operate equipment.#TJP2021_SPEC Why Kelly--?Kelly Science &
Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical
companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day,
we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their
skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be.
Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Garden Grove , Project Manager, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!