Office Director, Southern California
Company: World Relief
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: April 4, 2021
13121 Brookhurst St
Garden Grove, CA 92843, USA
Description POSITION SUMMARY:-- The Office Director is the
principal representative of World Relief in the local community.
Within a matrix management context that includes national and local
staff, the Office Director establishes the local expression of the
World Relief brand that is consistent and adheres to World Relief's
core identity and message. This position is responsible for the
oversight of the Southern California Immigration and Legal Services
(ILS) Team and office to ensure quality program and service
delivery and compliance with agency, community, and funder
standards. This includes staff and intern supervision, grant and
budget management, program implementation, interdepartmental
collaboration, coordination of services to foreign nationals and
outreach to local community. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:-- Missional and
The Office Director is the senior leader of the World Relief office
in the local context, as well as a key leader within the US
Programs division of World Relief. As such the Office Director is
- Embody the mission, vision, and values of World Relief, setting
an example for the office staff, volunteers, clients, churches and
- Set the spiritual tone and culture of the office in a way that
builds on the tone and culture of the organization as a whole.
- Contribute to the development of the World Relief brand through
participation in national and divisional meetings and other
- Proactively lead and foster program innovations that further
World Relief's mission and brand in the local context and
contribute to the development of the brand nation-wide.
The Office Director is responsible for creating and maintaining a
healthy office culture that fosters staff and missional growth
- Encouraging effective and clear communication within the
- Faithfully representing and cascading communications from the
Home Office to local staff
- Providing opportunities for staff development and
- Emphasizing the provision of feedback to staff through formal
(annual review process) and informal (recognizing achievements or
correcting errors) methods.
- Providing a focus on the celebration of successes and goal
- Providing direct coaching and supervision of direct reports,
focusing on leadership development needs.
- Embodying and encouraging the desired spiritual and
professional culture and expectations of staff. Operations
- Adheres to WR policy and procedure.
- Establishes a strategic plan and clear, achievable goals,
assuring that individual office goals and directions are consistent
with the overall goals and directions of US Ministries and of World
Relief and ensure these are met on a monthly, quarterly and annual
- Creates staffing plans to deliver the core functions of the
office, demonstrating a commitment to increasing the gender and
ethnic diversity of World Relief staff.
- Plan and manage office budget, reviewing it on a monthly basis
with the US Finance Manager and ensuring that expenses do not
- Participate in grant writing for renewal grants and grant
acquisition activities for new opportunities
- Oversee fiscal plans and assets for the organization with an
eye for stewardship and integrity.
- Manage office Human Resources and legal issues in conjunction
with Home Office Human Resources: including but not limited to
recruiting, employee relations, culture building, and more. Program
- Develop and maintain systems, policies, and procedures for the
ILS Team, within the framework of Southern California's strategic
goals and national structure provided by the Director of National
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff and with other program
managers to ensure quality, team-based service provision in
partnership with the National Director of Immigration Programs
- Establishes and develops programmatic initiatives according to
the needs of the refugee and immigrant communities in the area
- Focuses World Relief programs on Immigration and Legal Services
to the immigrants of the region and seeks to expand based on
community needs. Formally and informally solicit client feedback
about service provision, including feedback from immigrant
community leaders on at least a quarterly basis
- Remains abreast of changes in regulations and funding that
affect program operations in the city, county, and state.
- Proactively engages technical units or other supports to be
proactive in addressing any performance issues in the
implementation of core programs, particularly in the area of
Immigration and Legal Services.
- Fosters innovation.
- Actively participates in organizational collaborations and
program communities of practice; seeking to operate programs in a
consistent and scalable way as part of the national network.
- Establishes program leadership and develops leadership
pipelines in conjunction with succession planning for the
- Serve as the principal representative of World Relief in the
local context which will involve networking, meetings in the
community, fundraising, public speaking and other similar
- Engage and connect with local Churches for funding,
partnership, and volunteer work.
- Develop strategic growth plan in collaboration with Operations
support, Director of Immigration Programs and Fundraising
- Mobilize and empower people in the community who want to
volunteer with World Relief.
- Actively engage with national campaigns and leveraging national
initiatives in the local context.
- Collaborate with World Relief's marketing and fundraising teams
to make a great impact in the community and reach more people.
- Lead advocacy and use influence both locally and nationally on
behalf of vulnerable foreign-born people and local immigration
- Attend all state, organization, and coalition meetings as
appropriate KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master's or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- Cross-cultural experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in a second language preferred
- Previous experience in Immigration and Legal Services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple demands and deadlines with
- Design programs and marketing skills a plus-- REQUIREMENTS:
- Personal Christian faith and a heart for service to vulnerable
- Personal integrity and character as befits the local
representative for World Relief
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of World
- 3-5 years management experience, including budget management
experience for budgets in excess of $1 million
- Experience in a decentralized systems a plus
- Confident public speaker
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's or other advanced degree
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel, Publisher,
PowerPoint) PHYSICAL DEMANDS:-- The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit
- The ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and
manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-15
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger
dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a
keyboard, operate equipment and read application information.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands
and arms, talk and hear. WORK ENVIRONMENT:----
- General office setting.
- Great lengths of time working on computer, reading from
computer screen, entering information, standing at copier or fax
machine, and some time on the phone or in skype meetings may be
- Year-end archiving activities involve repeated lifting and
- Physical, emotional and intellectual demands
- Equipment used: Employee computer (desktop or laptop), printer,
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements
listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or
ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job
description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be
required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested
by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This
position description is not all-inclusive and is always under
review. Benefits Offered to US Employees working 25 or more hours
per week: World Relief contributes to monthly premiums:
- Vision Additional Benefits:
- FSA Medical & Dependent Care
- Commuter Funding
- Supplemental Life Insurance (employee, spouse, and
- Offer 16 Paid Holidays-- World Relief pays 100% for eligible
- Group Term Life (employee, spouse, and children)
- Long term disability
- Short-term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Travel Insurance-- World Relief - Retirement:
- 401K & Roth through Fidelity
- WR matches up to 4%, then an additional quarter percent up to
- Eligibility: Full Time is eligible after 3 months of
employment. Part time is eligible after 1000 hours in a year
- Automatically enrolled at 4%-- World Relief offers Discounts
- Pet Insurance We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
For World Relief staff, strong commitment to the mission, vision,
and values of World Relief is essential, and Christian faith is a
prerequisite for employment, based upon United States federal
guidelines provided in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of
Legal Background in the United States -- World Relief is both an
equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious
organization. This means that we conduct hiring without regard to
race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex,
marital status, parental status, membership in any labor
organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise
qualified individual. The status of World Relief as an equal
opportunity employer does not prevent the organization from hiring
staff based on their religious beliefs, so that all staff share the
same religious commitment.
Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C.
2000e 1(a) World Relief has the right to, and does, hire only
candidates who agree with World Relief's Statement of Faith.
Keywords: World Relief, Garden Grove , Office Director, Southern California, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!