Senior, Flight Management Systems Service Engineer
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: January 9, 2020
Boeing Commercial Airline, Customer Support is currently seeking a
Senior, Systems Service Engineer with advanced and/or broad
knowledge of Boeing flight management system design and engineering
principles. The primary responsibility in this role will be
addressing and resolving in-service issues related to airplane
flight management systems. In this role, you will also be tasked
with: working directly with airline customers to analyze complex
flight management system issues, developing and performing tests to
ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements,
and monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and
compliance with requirements. The position requires flexibility to
address emergent issues and important airline meetings off-hours
and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support
the fleet operating 24/7/365. Boeing is the world's largest
aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes
and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and
technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and
dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself,
for our customers and for the world.This position is located in
Seal Beach, CA and is in a location that offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.This is a Non-Union represented position -
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the
- Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues
that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final
engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to
conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Oversees documentation of hardware- and software-related
- Identifies the need for technical training.
- Participates in and may lead activities for on-site disabled
product repair teams.
- Participates in accident investigation support teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation
and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of
fielded hardware and software over the entire product
- Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into
system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system
integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to
- Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over
the entire product life-cycle.
- Leads research into technology advances for potential
application to company business needs.
- Recognized as a business unit-wide expert in qualification,
physical and functional integration and installation design and
resolving supplier technical issues.At Boeing, we are all
innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire.
From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow,
contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with
us.Typical Education & Experience:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more
years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of
technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work
experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA,
ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Basic Qualifications (Required skills and
experience):This position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor of engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics, or chemistry.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation environment
to support the needs of the customer.
- 10+ years of full time aerospace industry experience with
Avionics, Flight Management System and Electrical SystemsPreferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills and experience):
- Flight management systems flight simulation experience
(desktop, fixed, and/or motion based).
- Flight management systems experience with Boeing or McDonnell
Douglas commercial airplane models.Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace
where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol
when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Garden Grove , Senior, Flight Management Systems Service Engineer, Executive , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!