Manufacturing Engineer III - Garden Grove, Ca
Company: GKN Aerospace Inc
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: November 7, 2019
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15
countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you
travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN
is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service
systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around
the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new
technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to
be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will support operational and
development Programs to enable and deliver zero defect projects
utilizing superior engineering and problem solving skills. They
will deliver robust, capable manufacturing process technology as it
applies to both materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems
* Responsible for technical support of manufacturing development
and integration for production. Resolve issues pertaining to vendor
schedule and/or quality.
* Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action
to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
* Responsible for the implementation of tooling and or production
planning, from original concept through to production. Design these
processes with a high degree of process capabilty utilizing the GKN
standard Manufacturing Engineering tool suite to demonstrate as
* Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool
fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration
changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build
process definition, and implementation
* Lead engineering teams to delivers measurable, metrics driven
results in line with Value Stream and Program goals.
* Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external
customers, as well as co-workers
* Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean
* Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as
* B.S. degree in Engineering or in lieu of a degree 10+ years of
Education and Industry experience.
* 5+ years' experience in the manufacturing engineering field
* Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
* U.S. Citizen per ITAR regulations to comply with export
compliance and site SSA requirements.
* Active Secret Security Clearance preferred.
* Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous
* A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive
self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
* Proven capability to work independently in a range of different
* Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and
factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
* Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.
* Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high performance
behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good
judgment, influencing, negotiation and collaboration.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates
us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas
and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds,
with different skills and perspectives to spark originality,
imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed
to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against
any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race,
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace Inc, Garden Grove , Manufacturing Engineer III - Garden Grove, Ca, Engineering , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!