Quality Engineering Supervisor
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: February 6, 2019
POSITION TITLE: QUALITY ENGINEERING SUPERVISOR
POSITION LEVEL MANAGEMENT
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL TIME - EXEMPT
DEPARTMENT NO.: 401
APPROVED BY: JENNIFER ADAMS
APPROVED DATE: 01/30/19
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Quality Engineering Supervisor ensures that the organization maintains the ability to deliver products and/or services that consistently meet customer quality and delivery requirements, while continuing to improve safety, productivity, throughput and variable cost. This position supervises the Quality Engineers that support the various functions across the site.
1. Manage and supervise Quality Engineering day to day activities.
2. Provides service and support to focused factories to ensure the production of quality products.
3. Interprets and implements product quality requirements.
4. Supports and maintains a quality system that ensures system and product specification compliance.
5. Provides support to Operations in quality planning, support of productions, inspection and test, quality control, documentation, and shipment of quality products.
6. Provides training and evaluation pertaining to quality issues.
7. Provides support, training and leadership in SPC, DOE, FMEA and AQS techniques where required.
8. Assists in the training and development of department personnel.
9. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
11. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
12. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
13. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, developing team and setting goal plans for growth and development of staff.
14. Must be deadline driven with strong bias toward results achievement; flexible with schedule and shifting priorities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree (B. S. or B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Must have ability to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, and process documentation.
3. Prior management experience with process improvement knowledge and understanding of total quality management system and tools.
4. Strong applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office.
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
2. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public, and strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
5. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
7. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
8. Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead teams towards established goals and objectives.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Garden Grove , Quality Engineering Supervisor, Engineering , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!