Company: Sensorex, Inc.
Location: Garden Grove
Posted on: January 11, 2022
*Position title will be defined based on experience.
Sensorex of Garden Grove, CA is looking to hire a full-time
Automation Engineer to join our team.
At Sensorex, we believe that even the most complex water analysis
should be fast and simple to perform. Sensorex specializes in the
design and manufacture of pH and ORP electrodes, conductivity and
TDS sensors, and other electrochemical and optical measurement
technologies. We've introduced some leading edge technologies since
our initial launch in 1972, and today, we remain focused on the
continual advancement of water quality monitoring products.
Trusted by over 250 market leaders in water treatment applications,
Sensorex offers industry leading application support and rapid
prototyping. With our web store and network of domestic and
international distribution partners, we deliver a seamless buying
experience and fast delivery. In addition to our factory and
headquarters in Garden Grove, California, United States, Sensorex
now has manufacturing capability in Europe. We offer localized
support with sales and customer service representatives based in
Germany, Czech Republic, and India.
Sensorex is a Halma plc company. Halma plc is a purpose driven
company focused on growing a safer, cleaner, healthier future for
everyone, every day! Halma plc is listed on the London Stock
Exchange and is a market leader in providing solutions, technology,
and products that deliver on our purpose. Halma has a current
market capitalization of approximately -5 billion. The group has
nearly 50 businesses operating through four sectors (Medical,
Environmental & Analysis, Process Safety, Infrastructure Safety) in
more than 20 countries and major operations in Europe, North and
South America and Asia, supplying customers in 160 countries and
employing more than 5,800 people worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an automation engineer, you will be responsible for creating
hardware and software solutions - we expect regular interventions
in the robot software, which specifically means that we assume
senior knowledge of PLC programming (programmable logic
controller), experience with the integration of sensors and control
cameras into a functional unit with robots. Your next roll will be
to automate manual tasks within the manufacturing department. You
will be the resident expert for our automation needs. Using your
expertise, you optimize the utilization and efficiency of the
equipment. You lead the effort to reduce setup times, optimize the
system performance, increase the throughput establish standard
operating procedures and provide specialized training where
required. When problems arise, you use your troubleshooting skills
to find solutions with limited time and budget. This role involves
the application of advanced knowledge and real experiences in areas
as programming of PLC, design of workstations, construction of
automation or semi-automation workstations for specific production
purposes, knowledge of mechanics and electronics.
You support and manage projects that are related to robot and
equipment installation, optimization and keeping accurate
documentation of their progress. To increase efficiency, you
participate in the standardization of common processes and
automation solutions as well as develop training programs. Ensuring
successful automation solutions, you create user requirements as
well as source and manage vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in robotics, engineering, or a related
discipline (MS degree is a plus).
- Minimum 5 years related automation and verification
- Knowledge and experiences with robot programming systems,
programming of PLC , such as Universal Robotics.
- Knowledge and practical experiences by automation of different
- Knowledge and experiences in the repair and implementation of
various mechanical and electronic equipment such as: step-by-step
motors, pneumatics, electronic controls
- Experience with Universal Robot Arm, Cognex Vision System, Alicat
Flow Controller is highly desired.
- Make innovative recommendations to further improve the current
- Propose, design and create devices in order to convert manual
processes to automated processes.
- Specify, design, develop, integrate and maintain robust/complex
automated test systems.
- Participate in new production qualification.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively, able to work in
- Knowledge with glass blowing is a plus.
- Design and testing of newly and currently installed
automation-based process equipment.
- Familiar with engineering processes from initial
conceptualization through project turnover to operations.
- High degree of analytical and electromechanical
- Support new product introductions or new technology introductions
by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation
system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs.
- Working knowledge of quality control assessment such as
statistical process control.
- Ability to apply lean manufacturing principles and
- Have strong critical thinking skills to analyze and troubleshoot
- Collect, analyze and report output data.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and safely.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and problem-solving
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Keywords: Sensorex, Inc., Garden Grove , Automation Engineer, Engineering , Garden Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!